Your Autism Mentor
Hello and welcome to the Your Autism Mentor website. My name is Wendy Pearson, I am an autism mentor and practitioner providing mentoring support and advice for autistic young people and their families. I work across south east London and west Kent with young people from the age of 10 through adolescence and into adulthood.
I established Your Autism Mentor after recognising the need for nurturing support and with the aim of empowering autistic young people to have their voices heard, to become self-advocates and use their own strengths to reach their aspirations and become fulfilled, independent young adults. I support autistic young people to ‘be their best selves‘ and help them break down barriers obstructing their success.
Your Autism Mentor provides personalised, holistic support for individual profiles and differences:
- post diagnosis support and understanding
- transitions and change – including transition to secondary school, college, university or into employment
- support and strategies for high levels of anxiety
- building self-esteem, self-worth, and confidence
- emotional regulation
- communication and interaction
- pressures of educational and societal expectations
- building friendships and relationships
- managing sensory environments
- autism and adolescence and the physiological changes taking place
- steps to accessing employment
If these issues sound familiar, perhaps your young person is struggling at school or showing distressed behaviour at home, please email or call me for a no-obligation discussion to see whether mentoring may be beneficial for them. If you are an autistic young person over the age of 18 (or an older adult) and you feel mentoring support may help you to make positive progress in your life, do contact me using your preferred communication.